Here are 5 Hot Tips and Trends for Wedding Invitations for the last half of 2008 and 2009:
1) Unusual materials - Embellishments up the wow factor for your invites. Think unconventional materials to accent your invites such as bamboo, sinamay envelopes, raffia ties. It's all about the "au natural" feeling this year due to the increase in eco-chic weddings.
2) Fresh Font Styles - Forget the traditional fonts and the traditional font sizes. Switch things up with unusual font design, unexpected text placement (such as a vertical date), and eye-catching colors.
3) Ethnic Details - Celebrate your heritage! If you are of Indian decent, how about a sari inspired print design for your wedding invitations in modern colors such as hot pink and gold? Or if you are of Irish decent, why not have a custom die cast letterpress invitation with a Celtic-inspired monogram?
4) Combined Colors - gone are the days of white invitations with standard ink colors. Invitations now can be matted such as matting a picture in a frame, with several different colors and materials behind the actual invitation, giving your invite an almost 3-D touch. Cool color combinations such as pink and orange, blue and greens, ivory and black, turquoise and tan spice up the traditional color scheme.
5) New Shapes - for a stylish alternative to the traditional rectangle, try an oversized square or a round invitation. Be careful though, alternate Shape Wedding Invitations can cost more to mail.